Students – Question types
For each task you should start with the answer card and try to form the correct question.
Students – Question Tags
Students – What… like?
Teachers – Question Tags
Teachers – What… like?
Yes / No Questions
– Practice simple questions with modals and auxiliaries
– Good speed dating task
– Good for me too / me neither
Questions from Answers
– Practice forming subject questions with question words
– Good ‘get to know you‘ task
Questions with ‘Like’
Practice ‘What is she like?’ – ‘What does she like?’ – ‘What does she look like?’
General Knowledge Questions
– Practice indirect questions starting with “Do you know…”
– Practice making “I don’t know…” statements
– Practice question tags to confirm what you think you already know.
Yes / No Questions (175 cards) – Great speed dating set. Good for me too / me neither / so ___ am I / neither ___ I.
Get to Know You – Questions from Answers (127 cards) – A good first lesson task to practice question forming
General Knowledge (100 cards) – Students answer with question tags. Downward intonation if you’re confident. Upward intonation if you’re not sure.
Get to Know you Question Tags – Student A – Student B – Student A asks 9 questions. Students B asks 9 questions. Student A tries to remember Student B’s answers using Question tags to confirm. Student B does the same.
General Knowledge (100 cards) – Indirect questions starting with ‘do you know…’
What / Which + noun questions (16 cards) – just for practice
What… like questions (43 cards) – Ask and answer.
What does it ____ like? (61 cards) – You need to activate shuffle mode for this one to work properly.