Students – irregular verbs
Students – present perfect or past simple
Students – been, gone, went
Teachers – irregular verbs
Teachers – present perfect or past simple
Teachers – been, gone, went
Have you ever?
- Practice using present perfect for life experience
- Ask follow up questions
Have you? or Did you? – Comparing
- Make sentences like “I haven’t drunk tea today but I drank tea yesterday.”
Have you? or Did you?
- Lots more questions to practice present perfect or past simple
I haven’t… for
- Practice using third forms – I haven’t drunk coffee since last week
- Practice using for and since
How long? For and Since
- We use present perfect to ask and answer how long questions with state verbs like know, have and be.
Since our last lesson… (18 cards) – Good review task
Yet or Still (12 cards) – which is more appropriate?
Yet, still, ever, never, already (58 cards) – which one is most appropriate? Answers will be different for different students.
Handout – 2 on a page